Making progress and looking back.

Never thought I'd see the day we would be a 1-car family. But here we are. The Civic has been sold. Oddly enough to a former neighbor from when I was young. We were reminiscing about life on the Hill and I got to thinking. 

I have lived in this area for most of my life with short stints in other memorable places like Long Island and New Orleans.  I never thought I would end up back in the Triple Cities but I have been back for 13 years and probably would stay longer if not for this exciting opportunity. I am used to knowing my way around the area, running into old friends at Wegmans, and the comforts of home. I haven't been new to an area in more than a decade. I am nervous about living in a new city, a new country(!), learning how to navigate a public transit system (ok, I am really excited about that one), settling in to a new house, and meeting new people. Journaling has helped me through some difficult times so I am hoping this blogging gig will help as well. 

Things I will miss about Bingo-berg:

My parents

Spiedies

Old and new friends

The green hilltops

The Susquehanna River

Our house

My squirrels


Things I am happy to get away from:

Small town mentality

Hicks

The stress of my job

Lack of opportunity for B. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bed rest!

Getting high from the fumes.

Waiting is the hardest part.